January 31, 2014 by branchingfig
It’s also become my go-to quick bread recipe. I’ve whipped it up a handful of times in the past month… It’s buttery and flaky and delicious. Goes great with dinner, makes delicious sandwiches, and is an awesome vehicle for dip. P and I are big fans of this recipe – hope you will be too!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour (sifted)
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons raw sugar (can use granulated)
- 12 ounce beer (I usually use an ale)
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 – 375 degrees.
- Mix together dry ingredients. Add beer, milk, and juice. Mix with a fork, just barely enough for the mixture to come together.
- It will look a bit lumpy, and that is a-ok. If you over-mix it’ll get chewy and tough, so don’t over-mix!
- Pour into a greased loaf pan
- The dough will be super sticky and not smooth. Don’t worry about it. Even it out as gently as you can, but don’t worry if it isn’t smooth.. it’ll self-correct while baking.
- Pour melted butter over dough in pan.
- Bake 45 minutes – 1 hour. Remove from pan and cool for a few minutes before digging in.
Have a great weekend!